As you might have already discovered, you can call your customers from the Pipeliner CRM Desktop App on your mobile phone. However, if you prefer to call your customers using Skype, you can use the following Pipeliner CRM integration with Skype. Learn how to initiate a call from Pipeliner Desktop app on Skype:
Must have checklist
- You need to have the latest release of Pipeliner CRM.
- Here is how you can check your current version (the current version is Pipeliner CRM Collection):
- Here is how you can upgrade to the latest Pipeliner CRM version.
- You need to have Skype Account.
How Skype Calling over Desktop Works
If you are already using latest the latest version of Pipeliner CRM, you can follow these steps to initiate a Skype call via the Pipeliner CRM desktop app.
- Go to Skype and find a Skype username.
- Create a URL with the Skype Username to be able to call using the web browser. Example of Todd Martin URL: skype:toddcmartin?call (toddcmartin is a Skype user name)
- Convert this url to the URL accepted by Pipeliner using is.gd services.
- Go to the "Contacts" in Pipeliner CRM.
- Open the related contact for the Skype contact you are creating.
- Click on the "Skype" icon within the contact detail.
- Enter the shorten url to the Skype profile, and save the update to this contact. Close the contact.
- Click on it to call a customer using Skype (this is available in the "Compact View").
- Confirm the call within Skype.
This is how you can update all your contacts or accounts in order to initiate Skype calls to them through Pipeliner CRM.