PLAN AVAILABILITY | × Personal × Personal Plus ✓ Starter ✓ Business ✓ Enterprise
If you are Gmail user, you will love this post. After we introduced a new Pipeliner CRM MS Outlook Add-In for our Microsoft users, we also built an inbox app for our Google users. We are thrilled to announce the brand-new Pipeliner CRM Gmail Extension for the Google Chrome Browser. It's a new way you can seamlessly work between your Gmail Inbox and Pipeliner CRM. In this blog post we will take a closer look at one of the most important features you need for your daily sales activities: calling. Specifically, the ability to call your customers over Gmail Extension.
Must have checklist
- You need to have the latest release of Pipeliner CRM.
- Here is how you can check your current version (the current version is Pipeliner CRM Continuity):
- You need to have installed the Pipeliner CRM Mobile App.
- You need to have the Starter, Business or Enterprise Pipeliner CRM Version.
- You need a Gmail account.
- You need to use Google Chrome Browser.
Meet the Pipeliner CRM Gmail Extension for Google Chrome Browser
Here is a short intro video about brand-new Pipeliner CRM Gmail Extension: Play in a new window.
How Calling over Gmail Extension Works
Let's call one of your customers over Gmail.
- Sign in to your Gmail Account. You need to have installed Pipeliner CRM Google Chrome Extension.
- You can find the Pipeliner CRM Gmail Extension on the right side of your inbox. Sign into your Pipeliner CRM Account.
- Select a team space (if you have more than one) with which you would like to connect data.
- Click on any email in your inbox that you have received from a customer.
- Pipeliner CRM Gmail Extension will now relate data from Pipeliner CRM with the email sender.
- Click on the phone number to initiate a call on your mobile phone.
- Pipeliner will send this request to your mobile phone.
- On your mobile phone, you should now see a notification of the outgoing call. Pipeliner uses iOS and Android notification systems to notify you of outgoing phone calls (below is an example of the iOS app notification).
- Confirm the call on your mobile, and you are done!
Note: By using this feature, you are using your own cell phone service provider for calling your customers. TIP: You can use this feature almost everywhere throughout the Pipeliner CRM application, where you are able to access a phone number.