Any automated tools for sales must have CRM features that allow salespeople to smoothly function and share as a team. Part of that empowerment means that sales team members involved with a particular opportunity can instantly view that opportunity – including where it stands in the sales process, the tasks and activities that have already been accomplished, and the tasks and activities yet to be done. With Pipeliner CRM any data--be it an opportunity, task or activity--accomplished by a particular team member is instantly shared with the rest of the team. In that way no actions are duplicated, and collaboration is consistently achieved. In this article, I describe the way you can manage your sharing options within Pipeliner CRM:
What is Collaborative CRM?
The Collaborative CRM is a CRM that enables you to share the data entered into the system with your team in order to give all team members the complete overview--for example, of a sales opportunity status with it's related data such as activities, documents, emails and notes.
How to Share Data in Pipeliner CRM
In Pipeliner, you have the following system of sharing rights:
- Owner - The owner of data--that is, an opportunity, lead, account, contact or activity/feed. The owner has the full rights to perform any action with the record. Only the owner can delete data.
- Editor - The editor is a user that has edit rights on the record. The only difference between owner and editor is that an editor cannot delete the record.
- Watcher - The watcher is a user that has read-only access to records. The watcher cannot edit any data on the record, but can collaborate on the record by using comments, creating activities or writing notes.
|Owner||Full Write Access|
|Editor||Write Access (Cannot delete the record)|
|Watcher||Read-Only access (Cannot edit the record)|
The difference between Opportunity/Lead and Account/Contact Sharing
In Pipeliner, there is a difference between the default sharing of sales opportunities/leads and business accounts/contacts:
- Opportunity/Lead - This data is shared according to the sales unit assignment. Your team member can access it according to their role in the sales unit. You need to be assigned to the sales unit in order to get an access to the data linked to the sales unit.
- Account/Contact - This data is shared in a tree hierarchy. Your team member can access the data in the tree structure from the bottom-up in the tree. You do not need to be assigned to the sales unit which is hierarchically higher.
Examples of Sharing the Data in Pipeliner CRM?
Here are the most common share options used by Pipeliner CRM users:
How do I share the Sales Opportunity with my whole Team?
In order to share the sales opportunity with your team, follow these steps:
- Run Pipeliner
- Click "Pipeline" within the main menu.
- Open the sales opportunity you would like to share with your team.
- On the right-side of the opportunity form, you will find sharing options. Click "Manage".
- Here you will see three main options:
- Make it Private - This means that the opportunity will be made private, and will not be accessible to others. This includes the manager of the sales unit, as the sales unit will be replaced with the "Private" status. You can disable the option of creating private data in the Pipeliner CRM Admin.
- All Users - Here you can share the sales opportunity with whole team as editors (Edit Rights) or watchers (View-Only).
- Custom - Here you can define a particular list of users or sales units that can access this opportunity as editors (Edit Rights) or watchers (View-Only).
- On the very bottom of the sharing box you will see this statement: "5 users can view this record per sales unit access". This means that 5 users assigned to the sales unit, that are assigned to this opportunity, are able to "View-Only" this opportunity by default because of their roles (they are managers of the sales unit).
- Click "Save" and close the opportunity.
- Pipeliner will now sync the data into the secure cloud and update all your users in a team.
How can I give the edit rights to team by default?
You need to share it with the whole company as a editor or watcher.
How can I see the data that is shared with me?
In the example below we show you how to see the sales opportunities on your sales pipeline that are shared with you. Working with data in Pipeliner is all about the "Profiles". You can find profiles within each screen of Pipeliner. On the sales pipeline, you can find default profiles:
- My View - This profile is pre-selected and enables you to see only your data--the data of which you are the owner or editor.
- My Team - This profile enables you to see all data from your team according to the sales units assignment.
You can edit your profile and "view" of the opportunity within the "View Settings" of each profile:
- Run Pipeliner
- Open Pipeline Profiles.
- Click "Role" in order to access role view settings.
- Here you can define the following settings
- Toggle show/hide excluded opportunities - This option enables you show or hide opportunities that are excluded from the target based on their closing dates.
- Show my opportunities/leads - This option enables you to show only your own opportunities or leads.
- Show opportunities/leads of my sales team(s) - This options enables you to show your own and also the opportunities of your sales team, where you are editor or watcher.
- Show opportunities/leads of my sales unit(s) - This options enables you to show your own, your sales team and the opportunities that belongs to your sales unit where you are currently assigned as manager.
- Change the setting according to your needs, click the "Gear" icon and Click "Save as".
- Create a new profile that better fits your viewing preferences.
Each record (in this case an Opportunity) in Pipeliner has its sharing system: owner and sales team.
- Owner (no icon) - Owner is a Pipeliner user that has the rights to modify and delete the record.
- Editor (icon with pencil) - Editor is a Pipeliner user that has the rights to modify the record itself, but he does not have the rights to delete the record.
- Watcher (eyeglass icon) - Watcher is a Pipeliner user who has "read-only" rights to the record.
Note: If you have management rights, you have, by default, a watcher role with its related icon.
|Owner › Full write access|
|Editor › Write access (Cannot delete the record)|
|Watcher › Read-Only access (Cannot edit the record)|
|Sales Team › Read-Only access (Cannot edit the record)|