PLAN AVAILABILITY | × Personal x Personal Plus x Starter ✓ Business ✓ Enterprise
In this article we focus on understanding the relationship between two accounts. Once you build an accounts hierarchy, it is important to note what kind of relationship these two accounts have.
What is Accounts Hierarchy?
Accounts Hierarchy shows you accounts that are associated through a Parent Account in the Org Chart, giving you a global view of a company and its subsidiaries. Below you will find a Pipeliner video that provides a great explanation of Accounts Hierarchy in Pipeliner.
There are 2 ways to manage Accounts Relations in Pipeliner: As an administrator (requiring admin privs) and as a user (managing Accounts Relations from the Pipeliner desktop). We will take up Admin first. If you are a user without admin privs, simply skip to the Desktop section below.
How to Manage Account Relations from Pipeliner CRM Admin
Accounts Relations means the relationship between two accounts, in which you can define the statuses of both accounts. Here is how you can manage, create, edit or remove Accounts Relations within Pipeliner CRM Admin.
1. Run Pipeliner CRM.
2. Click on the "Profile" picture.
3. Click on “Administration” (You need to have admin rights to access this setting).
4. Click on "Common Lists".
5. Click on "Accounts Relations."
6. Here you can review default Accounts Relations created by your Pipeliner team. In order to create a new one click "Create."
7. Define a new Accounts Relation. In this case we will create a new Headquarter - Subsidiary Accounts Relation.
In this case, the Parent will be the Headquarter
In this case, the Child will be the Subsidiary.
8. Click “Create.” After syncing Pipeliner CRM you will be able to use it.
How to Assign Accounts Relations within Pipeliner CRM Desktop
In order to use newly created Accounts Relations on your Pipeliner CRM desktop, follow these steps.
1. Run Pipeliner CRM
2. Click "Accounts.”
3. Open any account in which you would like to edit Accounts Relations.
4. Go to "Org Chart."
5. We would like to assign the Accounts Relations" between 2 accounts—between a Parent and a Child. Open a Child account by double-clicking on it.
6. Find a "Parent Account" card.
7. Click on the account relation drop-down and select the one you've just created.
8. Go back to the Org Chart.
9. Here you can visually see the Assigned Accounts relation.