With the Pipeliner CRM Continuity release we updated Pipeliner CRM with even more productivity features. Last week we wrote about how to set up default reminders for tasks with due dates. This time we will take a closer look at appointments. We know that as a sales rep you have to make a lot of calls in order to successfully get satisfied customers. Each call is to a different prospect, but many of them can have about the same duration. If you have allocated a fixed length of time for an average customer call, it helps to have this easily configurable in CRM.
Here is how to setup default appointment duration in Pipeliner CRM
When you start using Pipeliner CRM, the default appointment duration is set to 60 minutes. You can now customize it according to your average meeting time.
- The default appointment duration is a personal user-based setting. Each Pipeliner user can set their own default appointment duration.
- You can set up the following default appointment durations:
- 15 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
- 60 Minutes
- 90 Minutes
- 120 Minutes
- You can set up a default appointment duration on the Pipeliner CRM Apps for iOS and Android as well. These settings are synced--a default appointment duration set on Pipeliner Mobile CRM will be synced with your desktop version.
In order to set the default appointment duration please follow these steps:
- Run Pipeliner CRM
- Click on your profile image at the top right of the application.
- Click on "Account Settings".
- Click on "Preferences".
- Scroll down to "Reminder and Calendar Settings".
- Find "Default Appointment Duration" and set the duration you prefer to have when creating new appointments.
- Click “Save” to store these settings.
How Do You Use a Default Appointment Duration?
In order to start using default appointment duration, you need to first have this process set up on your Pipeliner CRM account (see steps above) and you need to create an appointment.
- Go to "Activities".
- Click on "Create New Activity".
- From the "Activity Type" select "Appointment."
- As you can see, right away by clicking the "Appointment" the default duration has been set according to your preferences.
The appointment duration is an interactive field. Any time you move the start date, the end date is automatically calculated according to your preferences.