With our new version of Pipeliner we have introduced a feature where you can track sent emails.
In order to be able to track emails you have to follow a few rules:
- User (You) has to be signed in to MS Outlook Inbox Add-In (Cloud). Please see this article on how to enable the Add-in first.
- Email has to be in HTML format.
Keep in mind the following aspects that may affect email tracking:
- If the receiving person forwards the email, the tracking feature is forwarded as well.
- Each person that opens the forwarded email(s) count as having seen the original email sent by Pipeliner user.
- Some email providers (e.g. Google) automatically open received emails on their servers.
- This trigger notifications that the receiving person has seen the email, even though that did not yet happen.
- If the receiving person opens the email in the same browser/email client and IP address as the email sender has (common in corporate environments), then this view is not registered.
- If Pipeliner user opens their own email on a different browser/email client or computer (e.g. on their mobile device), then this counts as if the email was seen by the receiving person.
To track emails, please follow the steps below:
1.) Make sure you have the Add-in enabled and you are signed in.
2.) Compose a new email.
3.) Click the Track Email symbol and once clicked, the tracking will be enabled.
4.) Send the email.
5.) Email will show up in your Sent items. Open the Add-in while on the sent email. Add-in will notify you once the email has been read.
6.) See the read notification below.