PLAN AVAILABILITY | × Personal x Personal Plus x Starter ✓ Business ✓ Enterprise
Today it can happen that several accounts are related to each other. As an example, XYZ Company might own ABC Company, and it might even be that XYZ company must ultimately approve any purchases being made by ABC company.
In Pipeliner CRM these 2 companies are entered separately because they’re actually two different entities.
What is Accounts Hierarchy?
The accounts hierarchy shows you the accounts that are associated through the Parent Account into the org chart giving you a global view of a company and its subsidiaries. Below you will find a brand-new Pipeliner video that provides the best explanation of Accounts Hierarchy in Pipeliner.
Screencast: Play in a new window.
How Do You Build an Accounts Hierarchy within Pipeliner CRM?
In order to build accounts hierarchy follow these steps.
- Run Pipeliner CRM
- Click on the "Accounts".
- Open the Account with which you would like to build the accounts hierarchy.
- Click on the Org Chart.
- Here you are able to see the main card of the account that you have opened. Click on the "Add Account".
- From the available options select the one that you prefer:
- Add New Parent - If you would like to associate a new account as a parent to the opened account.
- Add New Child - If you would like to associate a new account as a child to the opened account.
- Existing Parent - If you would like to associate an existing account as a parent to the opened account.
- Existing Child - If you would like to associate an existing account as a child to the opened account.
- Select the account you would like to relate as a child to the opened account.
- Add more accounts from your database and build your accounts hierarchy.
As you can see from the screenshots above, you can also associate a special accounts relationship between the accounts in the accounts hierarchy org chart. We we will cover this in an upcoming blog post.