PLAN AVAILABILITY | × Personal x Personal Plus x Starter ✓ Business ✓ Enterprise
Today it can happen that several accounts are related to each other. As an example, XYZ Company might own ABC Company, and it might even be that XYZ company must ultimately approve any purchases being made by ABC company.
In Pipeliner CRM these 2 companies are entered separately because they’re actually two different entities.
What is an Accounts Hierarchy?
An accounts hierarchy shows you, in an Org Chart, accounts that are associated through their parent account. This gives you a global view of a company and its subsidiaries. Below you will find a Pipeliner video that provides the best explanation of an Accounts Hierarchy in Pipeliner.Screencast: Play in a new window.
How to Build an Accounts Hierarchy within Pipeliner CRM
In order to build accounts hierarchy follow these steps.
1. Run Pipeliner CRM
2. Click on "Accounts."
3. Open the account for which you would like to build an accounts hierarchy.
4. Click on “Org Chart.”
5. Here you are able to see the main card of the account that you have opened. Click on "Add Account."
6. From the available options select the one that you prefer:
- Add New Parent - associate a new account as a parent to the opened account.
- Add New Child - associate a new account as a child to the opened account.
- Existing Parent - associate an existing account as a parent to the opened account.
- Existing Child - associate an existing account as a child to the opened account.
7. For example, select the account you would like to relate as a child to the opened account.
8. Add more accounts from your database and build your accounts hierarchy.
As you can see from the screenshots above, you can also associate a special accounts relationship between the accounts in the accounts hierarchy org chart.