PLAN AVAILABILITY | × Personal × Personal Plus × Starter ✓ Business ✓ Enterprise
Pipeliner CRM allows you to connect all of the Contacts and represent their influence related to the Opportunity in the Buying Center. Here you can learn how to configure and use Buying Center.
How does it work
You can map any Contacts to create a influence chart for every Opportunity in Pipeliner CRM.
- Buying center is a Relationship graph not an Organization chart. You can map any Contacts that has any relation to the Opportunity or Contacts linked with the Opportunity; Contacts may be linked with different Accounts than the Opportunity. Each Contact can be assigned any role in relation for the specific Opportunity or Contact.
- All Contacts within Opportunity or Lead detail are automatically added to the Buying center. Contacts you add to the Buying center will be automatically linked with the Opportunity or Lead.
- Buying center is individual for every Lead and Opportunity, you can set up completely independent Buying center for every Lead or Opportunity.
Configuring your Buying Center
Buying Center Roles Explained
The list below consists of the default sales roles you can assign to opportunity's contacts.
- Project Owner - A project owner is a person, be it a contact, that owns the sales opportunity communication coordination between you as a seller and him as a buyer. This is a go-to-person who is responsible to distribute all the information flow between whole decision making team. You need to communicate with project owner pro-actively and have with him a direct connection.
- Decision Maker - A decision maker is a key persona in your sales process. Your goal would be to identify the decision maker over project owner as soon as you start to speak to company. You need to mark him as a one of the most critical contact in your database. You need to be extremely pro-active when going to discussion with decision maker.
- IT Consultant - An IT consultant is usually a person in the opportunity buying center that analyses your solution from the IT perspective. Be sure that you DO NOT pitch your product to him but answer his questions explicitly and in details. He is interesting in the technical background of your solution and not the feature set. Be sure to connect with him your IT related people in the company.
- Naysayer - A naysayer is person in the company that could decrease your change of winning the opportunity. It's important to recognize this person in the early stage of your sales process as he could have high influence on the decision maker.
- Marketing Consultant - A marketing consultant is a person that understands your product you sell from the marketing perspective. He definitely can say if the words that are described within your communication pure marketing pitch or real data. Be sure to communicate with him directly and without marketing camouflage.
- Team Leader - A team leader is another key persona in your buying center. Team leader is a user of your product that needs to "sell" this product to his team. If you persuade team leader that your product helps his team, than you can be sure that he influence the decision maker in the right manner. A team leader is a real "key holder" to your success.
- Sales Person - A sales person is a contact in your buying center that has the less impact on the decision making. But he is the key persona who will be using your product. He needs to see the true value of your product. Do not speak to him in the marketing pitch but try to understand his pains. The goal of the communication with sales person is to explain him how your solution can help him solve his daily problems.
The list above describe the default Pipeliner CRM buying center roles you can use. You can fully customize this list according to your business needs:
- Click on your username in the top right corner of Pipeliner and select Administration.
- Select Common lists from the main menu.
- Click on Sales Roles.
- You can Create, Modify or Delete any Sales roles here.
How can I add influencer
- Select Buying center within Opportunity detail view.
- Select Opportunity or Influencer you want it to link with.
- Click on the Add Contact button.
- Search for the Contact you want to add.
- Click on the Add button to add selected Contact to the Buying center.
- It will be automatically connected to selected Influencer or Opportunity.
You can add or modify influence links related to the newly added contact.
How to create an influence link
- Click on the Contact you want to link.
- Select Draw line of influence.
- Click on the Contact you want to match.
- You can remove the influence link anytime by clicking on it.
How can I add comments
- Select Contact from the Buying Center.
- Click on the arrow button on the right side of Buying center.
- Enter your comment in the Comments section of the menu.
Please note, that comments are not shared across the Opportunities. Every comment is stored only for Contact view in the specific Buying center, i.e. same contact may have different comments for every Opportunity.
- Can I add Contacts related to different Account than the Opportunity affected?
Yes. Buying center is a relationship graph, therefore you can add any Contacts, that affects the sales process even if they are linked with different Account.
- Can I share the Buying center with different Opportunity?
No. Every Opportunity has its own Buying center, that can be adjusted to fit your needs.
- Can I add multiple Sales roles to the Contact?
Yes. Contact can be linked with as many Sales roles as required.