Here are the basic troubleshooting techniques to solve the issues related to the Pipeliner CRM Office Add-In.
- Cannot connect to Pipeliner
- I can see Outlook Add-in within the add-ins list but not in Outlook
- I cannot see Pipeliner Outlook Add-in within the add-in list after installation
- Pipeliner doesn’t load when trying to attach from Outlook
- Pipeliner Add-In not working in Outlook
- Calendar, Tasks or Contacts are NOT syncing
In some situations, MS Outlook cannot connect to Pipeliner and you can get following message:
This is an information dialog telling you that you should sign in, unlock or close all windows IN Pipeliner. What is the window in Pipeliner?
- If you have opened opportunity, lead, contact or account
- If you have opened any modification window such as reminder
- If you are sign out from Pipeliner
- If you have your Pipeliner closed and it requires you to unlock Pipeliner when you launch it.
In a case you get this message, we recommend you to open Pipeliner and click on Pipeline. This way you can be sure that you are sign in to Pipeliner and you have all your modification windows closed.
Pipeliner Office Add-in has to be installed with the Admin rights. If you do not have Admin rights, please contact your system administrator. It is necessary to install Pipeliner Outlook Add-in under your user account with Admin rights. Do not install Pipeliner Office Add-in with different account with admin rights.
- Uninstall Pipeliner Office Add-In
- Find Pipeliner Office Add-In installer on your disk drive
- Right click on it and select Run as Administrator from the menu
- Enter admin password if required
- Follow the instructions from installer
After installing Pipeliner Office Add-In with the account with admin rights, please run Outlook.
Clean the Office Caches
Most of the time this is caused by corrupted cached files. To clear them, please perform following steps:
- Close Pipeliner
- Close All Office Apps (such as MS Outlook, Word etc.)
- Uninstall Pipeliner Office Add-In (all of them such Pipeliner Word Add-In etc.)
- Delete this folder C:\Program Files\Pipeliner Tools\
- Delete all files within the following folder: C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\ (you might need to allow showing of hidden folders)
- Reboot your PC
- Run the cmd as administrator and enter the following command: rundll32 dfshim CleanOnlineAppCache /q
- Install the Pipeliner Office Add-In.
- Run Outlook
- Check the Addins if the Pipeliner Outlook Add-In is available within the Add-Ins list in Outlook.
Perform Office Repair action
- Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features
- Find Office 2010 and right click on it
- Click “Change”
- Click “Repair” and follow the instructions.
After you clean up the office caches and repair the MS Office, you should be able to find and use Pipeliner Outlook Add-in within the add-ins list.
When you try to attach email or file from within the Outlook to Pipeliner, pop-up window should appear. In some cases, this window may not load properly. Please follow these steps in order to fix it.
- Close Pipeliner and all office applications.
- Run MS Outlook.
- Run Pipeliner over MS Outlook by clicking the button “Run Pipeliner” located within the Pipeliner tab in the Outlook ribbon.
It's not necessary to perform this process more than once. If you encounter this issue, please send us a report directly from within Pipeliner's Outlook ribbon.
When you use Pipeliner action buttons either from the Pipeliner ribbon or in the context menu, you may encounter issue with buttons being disabled. This is a known issue we are currently working on and it should occur only in very unique cases. The issue is related to the communication between MS Office and Pipeliner. Please follow these steps in order to fix it:
- Quit both Pipeliner and Office products
- Repair Office installation.
- Go to the following folder: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Pipeliner.5A8F60606AB9E68112BC6FCD53E816B203E65DCC.1\Local Store (it’s a hidden folder, you need to unhide the hidden folder first. Please check, how to unhide folder.
- Delete folders Content and Pipeliner.
- Launch Pipeliner Again.
If this will not help, you can use following workaround:
- Exit Pipeliner.
- Outlook Add-In will start working as ussually.
- Attach documents, create leads, etc. as ussually using Pipeliner Add-In in Outlook.
- When finished, you can launch Pipeliner again.
We are currently working on fix for this issue. If you encounter this issue, please send us a report directly from within Pipeliner's Outlook ribbon.
This issue is caused by corrupted Outlook personal folder file (.pst). In order to fix the .pst file please follow these steps:
- Exit Pipeliner.
- Exit Outlook.
- Repair your .pst file - please follow steps from Microsoft Knowledge base for your version of Office.
- Launch Outlook again.
- Click on Pipeliner ribbon within Outlook main menu.
- Click on Run Pipeliner button within the ribbon.
Please note, that this issue is related to Microsoft Outlook and not Pipeliner Office Add-In. If the steps above won't fix the issue, please consult Microsoft support directly for additional information, how to fix corrupted .pst files.