When importing Opportunities, usually every Opportunity has the same Currency and therefore you can set default currency in Pipeliner. You can import the Opportunities without currency as it will be set automatically.
Resources & Requirements
In order to import sales opportunities you have appropriate Pipeliner user role. A CSV file has to include opportunity value and currency field (column). Please check import preparation for more details. All currencies within the CSV file need to be coded in the ISO 4217 currency codes.
What are ISO 4217 Currency codes
ISO 4217 is a three-letter alphabetic code standard for representation of currencies and funds. Usually first two letters are the country codes (as described in ISO 3166-1 alpha-2) and the third is usually the currency itself e.g USD stands for US as United States and D for Dollar.
Example Currency Codes
|USD||United States Dollar||United States||$|
|GBP||Pound Sterling||United Kingdom||£|
How to prepare CSV file
- Check if currency column is added in the imported data. If not, you have to add it first or import all the opportunities with default currency.
- Value and currency information has to be in the separate fields. If it is not, you will have to split it.
- Make sure, you are using proper currency ISO 4217 codes according to the currency codes supported by Pipeliner.
How to convert your currency format into ISO Currency codes
- Please download list of currency codes supported by Pipeliner.
- Filter out the currencies you have in the source data. Tip: You can filter currencies by the country, if you don’t know which currency to search for.
- Compare your currency code with the ISO Code in the list. If it is different, please modify your source data accordingly.
In the future, automatic data conversion will be available.
How to Import Opportunities with Currencies
Please check this topic first for detailed instructions how to prepare .csv file to import opportunities.
- Set the CSV Structure as follows:
If you used different configuration than its recommended, please customize the structure to comply with your format.
a. Chartset encoding: Unicode (UTF-8)
b. Separator: Comma
c. Enclosure: [none] d. Check the option “Columns contain headers”
- Drag-&-drop the fields from the column list into the fields in Pipeliner form as described in the map fields section of import opportunities and leads.
- You can overwrite these settings by placing currency column from the csv to the related field in the import dialog.
- If multiple currencies are used, you will have to map the corresponding CSV column to the corresponding field in the import dialog.
- When you finish the field mapping, click the „Import“ to continue.