Pipeliner Import Wizard is a tool that enables you to easily import your current data into Pipeliner CRM using the simple CSV import.
Getting to know Pipeliner CRM import wizard
Before reading further please watch the video below that explains you the basics on how Pipeliner CRM import works:
Screencast: Play in a new window.
The Import Wizard "Background"
You can import a lot of external data into Pipeliner. For example, you might want to bring in your existing leads from your sales campaign. Knowing what data you need to import is crucial and therefore, we created a list of data, which you can import and use within Pipeliner.
Pipeliner allows you to import the following data:
You can import your own custom fields into Pipeliner CRM. For example, you might want to bring in your own field to your contact. If you have been using your own fields and you cannot find them in Pipeliner, you can import them into Pipeliner as well.
Pipeliner allows you to import the following fields type:
- Single Checkbox
- Radio Button
- Date (3/1/2017)
- Single Dropdown (according to exact name match or number defined in the admin in Pipeliner CRM)
- Float Number (25.05)
- Integer Number (25)
- Long Text (up to 65535 characters)
- Single Line Text
- [Not supported] Multiple Checkbox
If you use any other field please let us know.
You can import your data into Pipeliner by using CSV files. For example, you might want to bring in your excel spreadsheet with your contacts into Pipeliner. If you have been using excel or any other CRM software, you can export your data into a CSV file and import it into Pipeliner.
You can import your data to Pipeliner using the following files:
A CSV stands for a Comma Separated Values. A CSV file is a specially formatted plain text file which stores spreadsheet or basic database-style information in a very simple format. A CSV file is a common, relatively simple file format that is widely supported by consumer, business, and scientific applications. CSV Structure
- Chartset encoding - select the way how a comptuter interprets and then displays a file as text.
- Enclosure - select the way how are words separated in CSV file e.g. quota, i.e. computer will according to it distinguish thow different words.
- Separator - select the way how two different columns are separated in CSV file e.g. with coma, i.g. computer will distinguish two columns according to it.
- Columns contain headers - check this option if columns contain headers for data within one column.
Windows You can create a CSV file using Excel for Windows. Follow the steps below to create a CSV file using Excel 2010:
- Click on the "File" button in the top left-hand corner of the excel screen and click on "Save As".
- At the bottom of the "Save As" window click on the option "Save as type".
- Within the drop-down menu select the option "CSV (MS-DOS) (*.csv)" and click "Save" button.
- Excel warns you that your workbook contains multiple sheets. Click the "OK" to continue.
- Excel warns you that some of the features is not being compatible. Click the "Yes" to finish.
Mac You can create a CSV file using Excel or iWork's Numbers for Mac. Follow the steps below to create a CSV file using MS Excel 2008 / 2011:
- Click on the "File" within the excel menu and click on "Save As".
- At the bottom of the "Save As" window click on the option "Format".
- Within the drop-down menu select the option "Windows Comma Separated (.csv)" and click "Save" button.
Follow the steps below to create a CSV file using iWork's Numbers 09:
- Click on the "File" within the Numbers menu nad click on "Export".
- At the top of the window click the "CSV" box, select the Text Encoding drop-down menu and choose "Unicode (UTF-8)".
- Click "Next" to configure your file name and save location.
- Click "Export" to finish.
You can import the leads and opportunities directly from your "Sales Pipeline". Uploading the CSV file
- Go to "Pipeline" and click the "Import" button within the main menu.
- Click "Browse" and upload your CSV file.
- Click the "Upload" button in order to continue.
- Set the CSV settings as following:
- Charset encoding: Unicode (UTF-8)
- Separator: Comma
- Enclosure: [none]
- Check the option “Columns contain headers”
- Drag-&-drop the fields from the column list into the fields in Pipeliner form.
- When you finish with the field mapping, click the "Import" to continue.
Auto-create Accounts and Contacts When importing, you can choose to automatically create Accounts or Contacts. To do so please check respective checkboxes in the CSV File Settings in the Import Wizard. Pipeliner will automatically create Account or Contact based on the information included in the Opportunity or Lead. Duplicate Checker
- If required information is missing, you will be asked to review the Account or Contact and add it manually.
- Pipeliner always checks for possible duplicates. If Account or Contact already exists, Opportunity will be linked to the existing one instead of creating new entry.
- If multiple Accounts or Contacts have been found, Pipeliner will not link them automatically. You will have to select correct Account or Contact for specific Opportunity.
Duplicate entities are checked by the following fields:
- Account - Account Name, Phone and E-mail domain (everything after the @ symbol).
- Contact - Contact Name, Phone, E-mail address and Account Name.
- Click on "Accept All" or "Accept" to accept the imported leads or opportunities or click on "Reject" to reject the imported data.
- Click on the lead or opportunity to edit its information.
- Click the "Close" button to close the import window.