Pipeliner allows you to send and receive emails directly from the system using your standard email address. Here you can learn how to configure your email address in Pipeliner using IMAP settings.
How does it work?
You can send and receive emails from your accounts and contacts in Pipeliner CRM.
- When you send an email to your contact from your email client, this email copy is then stored under "Feed" tab within its related contact in Pipeliner. The email address of your contact has to be same as in Pipeliner!
- All emails are accessible in the "Feed" section of the account/contact in the chronological order. This way you can track the email communication directly in the Pipeliner.
- Allow up to 5 minutes for emails to appear in the "Feed". Incoming email copies appear in Pipeliner after they are being transferred from your local email client via cloud server and during synchronization of Pipeliner. Do not forget to sync Pipeliner in order to see email copies.
Configuring your IMAP Email Account
- Click on the "User" in the upper right corner.
- Select "Account Settings".
- Choose "Apps" from the menu.
- Click on "Activate" button below Other Email Accounts.
- Fill in required information as follows:
Username - Enter your entire email address, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, that your account has to be IMAP and not POP3. Learn more about difference between IMAP and POP3 email settings.
Password - Enter password of your email account.
Mail Server - Enter your company incoming IMAP server, e.g. imap.mydomain.com.
Port Number - Default port is 25. Check your email account settings to find out what port you use. Search only for Incoming server port number.
Use SSL encrypted connection - Check your email account settings, if your company is using encrypted connection. It is usually below the Incoming server port number.
- Press Next. You will be notified, if Pipeliner has been able to configure your email.
- Check, if correct folders has been selected for your Inbox and Outbox and choose, if you want to associate your emails with contacts and/or accounts. If you will do so, you will be able to track the email copies in the related contact or account feed.
- Save your account settings.
How to set-up your folders
- Select the folder in which you receive the emails by clicking on the Browse button next to the Inbox.
- We recommend to use main inbox folder instead of one of the sub-folders in order to make sure, all emails related to your Accounts and Contacts synchronize to Pipeliner.
- If you select sub-folder, please check its settings to make sure, that all of the emails related to your Pipeliner Accounts and Contacts will be stored in this folder. Emails stored outside this folder will not be available in Pipeliner.
- Select the folder in which outgoing emails are stored by clicking on the Browse button next to the Outbox.
How to send and receive emails via Pipeliner
- Open Account or Contact detail page by double-clicking on it.
- Find e-mail address field.
- Click on the Mail Icon to start typing the message. Pipeliner opens your default email client and fill in the email address from Pipeliner
- Compose an email message to your contact and send it.
- Give Pipeliner up to 5 minutes to receive email copy. The sent email appears in the Feeds section of its related contact. Please note, that it might take a few minutes and Pipeliner synchronization is required.
- You can view complete email communication directly from within Pipeliner by clicking on Expand.
- By clicking on Reply or Forward button, reply message from your email client will appear. Delete button will remove the email ONLY from the Pipeliner database, but not from your IMAP inbox.
- IMAP is not working, even though it is properly configured in the Account settings.
You may encountered this issue when upgrading from older version and settings were not transfered properly. Please deactivate the IMAP integration and enable it again.
- Can I use other email address for sending emails than I am sign in to Pipeliner?
Yes. You can use any email address with IMAP enabled.
- Can I see email copies of Pipeliner users (internal communication)?
No. You can track only email copies of your accounts or contacts.
- What happens when I delete email in Pipeliner?
The email copy is deleted ONLY in Pipeliner. We do not touch your IMAP account inbox.
- What happens when I delete email in my email client (e.g. MS Outlook)?
The email copy is deleted ONLY in your IMAP account inbox. If you need to delete the email copy from Pipeliner, you need to do it in Pipeliner.
If you will have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us!