Pipeliner allows you to send and receive emails directly from the system using your standard email address. In this article we’ll cover how to configure your email address in Pipeliner using IMAP settings.
How does it work?
You can send and receive emails from your accounts and contacts in Pipeliner CRM.
- When you send an email to a contact from your email client, a copy of the email is then stored under the "Feed" tab within its related contact in Pipeliner. Note: the email address of your contact must be the same as in Pipeliner.
- All emails are accessible in the "Feed" section of the account/contact in chronological order. This way you can track the email communication directly in Pipeliner.
- Allow up to 10 minutes for emails to appear in the Feed. Incoming email copies appear in Pipeliner after they have been transferred from your local email client via the cloud server during synchronization of Pipeliner. Do not forget to sync Pipeliner in order to see email copies.
Configuring Your IMAP Email Account
- Click on "User" in the upper right corner.
- Select "Account Settings".
- Choose "Apps" from the menu.
- Click on the "Activate" button below “Other Email Accounts.”
- Fill in required information as follows:
Username—Enter your entire email address, for example email@example.com. Please note that your account has to be IMAP and not POP3. Learn more about the difference between IMAP and POP3 email settings.
Password—Enter the password for your email account.
Mail Server—Enter your company incoming IMAP server—for example imap.mydomain.com.
Port Number—Enter the Port Number; the default port is 143. Check your email account settings to find out what port you use. IMAP over SSL is port 993.
Use SSL encrypted connection—Check your email account settings to see if your company is using an encrypted connection. It is usually below the Incoming server port number.
- Press Next. You will be notified if Pipeliner has been able to configure your email.
- Check to make sure that correct folders have been selected for your Inbox and Outbox. Choose to associate your emails with contacts and/or accounts. If you do so, you will be able to track the email copies in the related contact or account Feed.
- Save your account settings.
Setting Up Your Folders
Select the folder in which you receive email by clicking on the Browse button next to the Inbox.
We recommend that you use the main inbox folder instead of one of the sub-folders in order to make sure that all emails related to your Accounts and Contacts synchronize to Pipeliner.
If you select a sub-folder, please check its settings to make sure that all of the emails related to your Pipeliner Accounts and Contacts will be stored in this folder. Emails stored outside this folder will not be available in Pipeliner.
Select the folder in which outgoing emails are stored by clicking on the Browse button next to the Outbox.
How to Send and Receive Emails via Pipeliner
- Open the Account or Contact detail page by double-clicking on it.
- Find the email address field.
- Click on the Mail Icon to start typing the message. Pipeliner opens your default email client and fills in the email address from Pipeliner.
- Compose an email message to your contact and send it.
- The sent email will appear in the Feeds section of its related contact. (Please note: it might take a few minutes for the email to appear, and Pipeliner synchronization is required.)
Please note that in order to have the message displayed in the Feeds section, the recipient's address must be in the TO or CC section of the e-mail
- You can view complete email communication directly from within Pipeliner by clicking on Expand.
- By clicking on the Reply or Forward button, the reply message from your email client will appear. The delete button will remove the email only from the Pipeliner database, but not from your IMAP inbox.
- IMAP is not working, even though it is properly configured in the Account settings. You may encountered this issue when upgrading from older version and settings were not transferred properly. Please deactivate the IMAP integration and enable it again.
- Can I use another email address for sending emails when I am signed in to Pipeliner? Yes. You can use any email address with IMAP enabled.
- Can I see email copies of Pipeliner users (internal communication)? No. You can track only email copies of your accounts or contacts.
- What happens when I delete email in Pipeliner? The email copy is deleted only in Pipeliner. We do not touch your IMAP account inbox.
- What happens when I delete email in my email client (for example, MS Outlook)? The email copy is deleted only in your IMAP account inbox. If you need to delete the email copy from Pipeliner, you need to do it in Pipeliner.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.