Zapier enables the automatic two-way synchronization between Pipeliner CRM and other services you are already using. Try it yourself for a free and connect your app with Pipeliner now:
What is a Zap?
A Zap is the link between two services on Zapier. A Zap is a noun, not a verb. "New Website Contact to Pipeliner Lead" is an example of a Zap. Your Dashboard lists all of your Zaps.
- Integration checklist
- Choose from existing Zaps
- Make a Zap
- Check if Integration is working in Pipeliner
- Known Issues
- You must have a unique server API user account for Pipeliner CRM. To create the account, please follow these steps:
- A. Pipeliner User Account is required You can use the API key for a free of charge during your 30-days free trial or during the Pipeliner subscription. However, you will need one Pipeliner user account in order to connect to Pipeliner from external source. It means that one Pipeliner license is required.
- B. Admin Role is required The Pipeliner user you are using for connecting to Pipeliner must have the Admin role. In order to assign an admin role to a Pipeliner user, please perform following steps:- Click on the “User” and select “Administration from drop down menu. a. Click on “Users & Sales Units”. b. Click on the “Edit” icon within the action column for the corresponding Pipeliner user. c. From the drop down menu pick the Standard user & admin role. d. Check the Sales Unit Membership as Member and click “Save”. For more information follow this link.
- C. API Key is required In order to get API access and API Key, follow the steps below:- Click on the “User” and select “Administration” from drop down menu. a. Click on “Sales Pipeline” and “API Access” b. From the main navigation menu click on the “Show API Access Details and use these details to connect your external source to Pipeliner.
- Create Zapier Account 1. Visit www.zapier.com and click on Sign up in the upper right corner. 2. Fill in the required information and click on Create Your New Zapier Account.
- Create Application Account to link with Pipeliner. Make sure, that you have created an account for the application you want to link with Pipeliner. You will be prompted for the valid username and password during process.
Choose from existing Zaps
- Explore available Zaps at Zapier apps.
- Select or search for Pipeliner CRM within the apps list.
- Select Pipeliner from the available Zaps. Please note, that if desired Zap doesn’t exist, you can create your own.
- Go through the Zap and modify it if necessary. It will be necessary to insert both selected application and Pipeliner user credentials. You can modify existing Zap by following the steps bellow.
Make a Zap
- Within the first dropdown select the application you want to connect with Pipeliner. Select the Pipeliner in the second dropdown list. Select the action that triggers the Zap in selected application and action in Pipeliner that should follow.
- Select Account from the application you want to use with Pipeliner. Don’t forget to test it first, if the Zap is working.
- Connect Pipeliner Account (use API credentials) and test it. To get API credentials, please check Pipeliner API.
- Specify when trigger will start the action.
- Match action Zap will trigger with Pipeliner.
- Click on Test Zap to make sure, it was created properly.
- If you don’t see any results, check if everything was set properly, then click on Refresh samples to test again.
- Select name for the Zap. Do not forget to turn it on, if you want to start using it. Name is stored for you account, you can set any name you like.
- Please make sure, that Zap is turned on. You can modify Zap from the Dashboard when necessary.
Check if Integration is working in Pipeliner
You should see desired results in Pipeliner after synchronization (e.g. new leads created in Pipeliner for the new users registered to your website). If not, make sure, that Zap is enabled and set properly.
Older than current Pipeliner database version
Pipeliner database needs to be updated when major changes are deployed. This doesn't happen with every Pipeliner release. You can check, if you have current version of database (and update it if necessary) by following this instructions. Please note, that this change doesn't affect your data anyhow, you will be able to continue working without any issues.
You will be able to continue using the integrations with older database version, however you won’t be able to create new Zaps. In order to create new Zaps, you will have to upgrade your Pipeliner database version first.
Zapier doesn’t support dynamic entity lookup
This means, that you are not able to search for a field value from trigger (e.g. exact Name or Email) within Pipeliner database and link new entity (e.g. Lead) to existing entity with this value (e.g. Account with specified Name or Email). It is possible to link only static data – You can attach only to one specific entity - e.g. all new Leads will be linked to one Account and you will have to manually add them to specific accounts.
I am not able to use or access any of the custom fields I have created.
Unfortunately pushing custom fields data with Zapier actions is not possible at the moment.
Please note, that you will have to create multiple Zaps in order to be able to attach data to multiple entities.