The GDPR grants your clients a number of rights regarding how you handle their data in Pipeliner.
It is important to understand, that this GDPR topic covers you vs your clients data - as oppose to us vs you.
You can find the full information regarding GDPR on our website:
About GDPR and the Pipeliner Commitment
What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is a new European privacy regulation which will replace the current EU Data Protection Directive (“Directive 95/46/EC”). The GDPR aims to strengthen the security and protection of personal data in the EU and harmonize EU data protection law.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which goes into effect on May 25, 2018, provides data subjects with an array of privacy rights, which provide individuals with greater transparency into and control over uses of their personal information.
To whom does the GDPR apply?
The GDPR applies to all organizations operating in the EU and processing “personal identifiable data” of EU residents. Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
The GDPR grants your client(s) a number of rights regarding how you handle their personal data.
- Data Access - Your client has the right to confirm with you whether you are processing their personal data. For more details about how Pipeliner CRM as your Data Processor handles these requests see our Pipeliner CRM Terms: https://www.pipelinersales.com/terms/
- Right to Object - Your client can in certain cases object at any time to the processing of their personal data, in particular if the processing is for direct marketing purposes.
- Data Rectification - Your client can request from you to correct or complete their personal data if the data is inaccurate or incomplete. See below on how to edit such data: https://support.pipelinersales.com/hc/en-us/articles/211802929
- Restriction of Processing - Your client can request you to stop access and, or modification of their personal data.
- Data Portability - In certain cases, your client has the right to ask you to provide their personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format (for example, a .csv file) so they can transmit their own personal data to another company. Follow the article below on how to export your clients data from Pipeliner: https://support.pipelinersales.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005027845
- Right to Erasure - Also known as “the right to be forgotten,” this right empowers your client to request that you delete or remove their personal data in situations such as the following:
- when the data is no longer needed for the original purpose,
- when the data subject withdraws consent,
- or when the data subject objects to the processing and the controller has no overriding legitimate interest in the processing.
To be able to delete entities such as contacts or accounts, follow the article below: https://support.pipelinersales.com/hc/en-us/articles/212413465
If you have any questions or feedback, please reach out to our Pipeliner privacy team by email at email@example.com.